Sweethearts Cookie Cake
Yields 12 Servings
This cookie cake is a little salty, a little sweet, AND it delivers a loving message. Heart warming and stomach pleasing.
1 1/3 cup raw unsalted cashews
2/3 cup organic rolled oats
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
¼ cup raw, unpasteurized honey
½ cup chocolate chips*
*When looking for chocolate chips, it’s best to go for organic 75% or more dark chocolate. Check out the ingredients list and find the chocolate with the shortest ingredients list with chocolate listed as the first ingredient.
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In your food processor, combine salt, cinnamon, cashews, and oats and process until they resemble sand/flour.
3. Add vanilla and honey. Process until well incorporated.
4. Pour batter onto wax paper and mix in ¼ cup chocolate chips (get in there with your hands!)
5. Press batter out on wax paper into a ½” thick heart (shaping it more uniformly into a heart using your hands, like play dough).
6. Decorate the cookie cake using the remaining chocolate chips however you desire: might I suggest a chocolate chip border with a message of your choosing like those on Sweethears candy? Be Mine, Kiss Me, You’re Sweet, etc.
7. Bake for 15-25 minutes or until the cookie cake is nicely golden on top.
Share with the apple of your eye.