Sneak Attack "Cheese"ball
Yields One 10 oz Cheeseball
I tricked my family with this recipe on Thanksgiving. I innocently presented it as our traditional family recipe for a cheeseball, and half of it was gone before I announced that it was vegan.
I sometimes love being sneaky.
Grab some gluten free crackers and your cheese spreader and go hog wild!
Note: This recipe takes a bit of forethought, as you have to soak the cashews for quite a while to make the required vegan cream cheese. The cheeseball, itself, only requires about 20 minutes of actual kitchen time.
8 oz vegan cream cheese
1/2 small yellow onion, minced
3/4 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vegetarian, gluten free worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup Daiya cheddar cheese shreds
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Start with one batch of my vegan, soy free cream cheese.
2. Mince garlic and onions–you want to make sure these are nice and tiny so that the goodness is spread throughout the cheeseball and no one gets a huge hunk of garlic in their bite!
3. Combine all ingredients (except the pecans) in a bowl and mix well.
4. Form into a ball-ish shape in the bowl, and let it sit in the refrigerator for one hour, covered.
5. Chop pecans nice and fine.
6, Lay down a piece of wax paper, and pour a good amount of chopped pecans (to coat the bottom of the ball).
7. Spoon the cheeseball onto the pecans, and pour the pecans over the top, using your hands to shape the ball and coat all of the exterior with pecans.
8. Chill in the refrigerator over night.
Now be sneaky with your friends and family!