Yields: 6 Generous Servings
1 1/4 cup dry quinoa (or use 1 8 oz package of gluten free pasta)
1/2 bell pepper (red or purple), diced
1 pickling cucumber, diced
2.25 oz sliced black olives
2 celery stalks, diced
1 small head cauliflower, sliced into florets (roasted, if you desire less crunch)
1/2 small red onion, diced
4 eggs, boiled
Dill Cashew Mayo Ingredients
1 cup raw, unsalted cashews, soaked 5-8 hours
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tsp red wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon (approx. 2 1/2 - 3 tbsp)
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp ground mustard
Sea salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Fresh dill to taste (start with at least 2 tbsp)
Dill Cashew Mayo Directions
- Cover cashews with water and soak uncovered for 5-8 hours (overnight is best). Drain and rinse.
- Combine all ingredients in your high speed blender or food processor and puree away. If using a food processor, you may need to be patient and continue to scrape the sides of the bowl as you process. Depending on your processor speed, it may take about 10 minutes to get the desired smooth texture.
- In a medium pot, bring 1quinoa and 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and allow to cook 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
- While quinoa is cooking, boil the 4 eggs and dice all of your veggies.
- All eggs and quinoa to cool.
- Dice up 3 of the eggs, reserve one for topping.
- Toss quinoa with diced vegetables, 3 diced eggs, and dill cashew mayo (instructions below)
- Slice remaining egg into quarters and place in the center of the bowl, garnishing with fresh dill and paprika.
Keep in mind that you may use whatever veggies you like in your pasta salad. I usually add green olives, too!