My favorite Thanksgiving dish is cornbread stuffing, and I'm only a little biased seeing as I am the gal behind Honey Crumble Cornbread Mix...
But truly. I love stuffing, and while I prefer to relegate the savory dish to Turkey Day (keeps it special/sacred), I love playing around with the premise, and HOT DOG I hit a home run this past weekend with a sweet stuffing variation:
Banana Chocolate Pecan Cornbread Stuffing
1 batch of Brittany Lynn's Honey Crumble Cornbread, prepared to the package instructions
2 bananas (1 smashed, 1 sliced prettily)
1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
1 3.5 oz dark chocolate bar (75% or more)
2 cups dairy free milk
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Bake Brittany Lynn's Honey Crumble Cornbread per the package instructions (or try your own Southern Style Cornbread)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mash one banana and add it to a large bowl. Chop 3/4 of the chocolate bar; preserve 1/4 for topping, and add the rest to the large bowl. Chop 1/2 cup of pecans, preserving 1/4 for topping. Slice one banana, reserve for topping.
- Add the pre-baked cornbread, crumbling it into the bowl; the cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and allspice; and your dairy free milk of choice. Mix well.
- Grease a 8-9″ square or deep dish pie plate and pour in your sweet stuffing/dressing batter. Top with reserved sliced bananas, chopped pecans, and chocolate chunks.
- Bake uncovered at 325 for 30-45 minutes or until edges begin to crisp (the center will remain moist).
- Serve with your brunch meal of choice or eat as a dessert.
avec scrambled eggs and an arugula, strawberry, beet, and pecan salad drizzled with strawberry and vanilla balsamic vinegar