You've dieted. You've exercised. You've eaten less carbs. You've counted your macros. You read all the books. You know all the things. But you are still frustrated and at war with your body and your will power.
It doesn't have to be this way. You don't have to drown your sorrows in pints of Ben and Jerry's, bottles of wine, and use exercise as a way to punish yourself for "bad" decisions. You don't have to exist in a constant war with your "will power" and desires, fighting what feel like insane, beyond your power cravings.
I totally get the struggle. I mean, I really and truly get it.
The answer (the solution) is not in another diet. It's not in another book. It's not in finding MORE will power, self control, or deprivation.
In fact... Can I tell you a secret?
The answer is inside of you. It's in the deep recesses of your heart, waiting to be lit up.
And that's what we'll do together. Hand to god you don't need to do MORE. You don't need MORE will power. MORE self control. MORE perfection.
I wasn't born a health coach. (Shocking. I know.) To be perfectly honest, I didn't care a lick about nutrition or my health until my mid-twenties.
The reason I began doing this work is because I experienced an insidiously nasty, terrible, no good, negative relationship with the food I was eating and the body I get to live in, and I got FED UP. I decided one day to take matters into my own hands, step into my power, and initiate change.
Once I got a taste of how magical life can be when I FEEL the way I TRULY want to feel, I knew I HAD to share it with YOU.
I work with women on this pain point because I have been to the inner circle of hell and walked back out again as a new woman.
And that is why I am totally devoted to walking with women just like you.
Things I LOVE that make me feel like ME:
- Practicing yoga - Yin, Yoga Nidra, Hatha, Ashtanga... yes please!
- Hitting up the Farmers Market on Saturday mornings
- Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Game of Thrones (I feel the need to make it clear that I loved all of these things before they were made into tv shows/movies, but I DO love the tv/movie versions of them, too!)
- Painting (I recently got into mixed medium messy finger painting!)
- Playing my ukulele - I do not claim to be good at it, but man is it fun to strum!
- Inventing fun new recipes
- Traveling all over! Goal is to hit all 50 states and each of the seven continents.
- My ideal dinner party includes: Elizabeth Gilbert, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Brene Brown, Pema Chodron, Kristen Wiig, Abraham Lincoln, Oprah, Ellen Degeneres, and Rumi. (I reserve the right to edit this list!)
- Podcasts! Judge John Hodgman, This American Life, Oh No Ross and Carrie, Radio Lab, The Ted Radio Hour, NPR Politics...
- Books that have rocked my life: Siddhartha (Hermann Hesse), Big Magic (Elizabeth Gilbert), The Art of Asking (Amanda Palmer), Yes, Please (Amy Poehler), Rising Strong (Brene Brown), The Alchemist (Paulo Cuehlo) (I again reserve the right to edit this list as I continue to read!)
Brittany Lynn Kriger, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, CHHC, AADP, RYT 200
As the owner and founder of The Soul Food Project, I am devoted to the power of a positive relationship with food and body. Through workshops and one on one coaching, I'm passionate about spreading the mantra: "Love the food you eat. Live the life you love. Ditch guilt and regret," and I am here to lead you to a joyous and free relationship to food and your body.
A certified Integrative Nutrition health coach (Institute for Integrative Nutrition) and board certified Holistic Health Practitioner through the American Association of Drugless Practitioners, I received my yoga training at Yoga Path studying coursework based on the lineage and teachings of Krishnamacharya. This lineage is a therapeutic approach to yoga that integrates the ancient teachings in a modern day application specific to the individual. I am a 200 hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher, and I also hold degrees from Louisiana State University (BID) and Southeast Missouri State University (BFA).